Presentations & Resources
PRESENTATIONS AND TRAINING VIDEOS
|Plant inventory (2:58)||31.3MB|
Aquatic Insect Interactive Verification Program, Chironomidae Research Group, University of Minnesota
Invasive Plant Species
- Ramsey County Cooperative Weed Management Area
- Ramsey County Cooperative Weed Management Area Facebook
- MN Noxious Weeds, MN Department of Transportation (pdf)
If prohibited/eradicated list species are spotted in counties other than Ramsey, volunteers should report them to the MN Department of Agriculture's Arrest the Pest Hotline (651-201-6684) or firstname.lastname@example.org. If it is found on city property, call the city; likewise for county properties or those owned by watershed districts.
DATASHEETS AND EQUIPMENT LIST
- Equipment checklist
- Site information/sketch
- Releve datasheet (veg)
- Metric scoring sheet(veg)
BOOKS, REPORTS AND WEBSITES
- Gernes, M. and J. Helgen. 2002. Indexes of Biological Integrity for Large Depressional Wetlands. Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. St. Paul, MN.
- Bouchard, R.W. Jr. 2004. Guide to Aquatic Invertebrates of the Upper Midwest- Identification Manual for Students, Citizen Monitors, and Aquatic Resource Professionals. University of Minnesota. St. Paul, MN.
- Burne, M. and L. Kennedy. May 2001. A Field Guide to the Animals of Vernal Pools. Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife Natural Heritage and Endangered Species Program. Westborough, MA.
- Hilsenhoff, W.L. 1995. Aquatic Insects of Wisconsin. Publication Number 3 of the Natural Museums Council. University of Wisconsin-Madison. 79 pp.
- McCafferty, W. P. with Illustration by Arwin Provonsha. 1998. Aquatic Entomology. Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc. Sudbury, MA.
- Merritt, R.W. and K.W. Cummins. 1996. An Introduction to the Aquatic Insects of North America, 3rd Edition. Kendall/Hunt Publishing. Dubuque, Iowa. 862 pp.
- Bourdaghs, M. and M. Gernes. 2005. A Citizen's Guide to Biological Assessment of Wetlands-The Vegetation Index of Biological Integrity. Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. St. Paul, MN.
- Borman, S., R. Korth, and J. Temte. 1997. Through the Looking Glass-A Field Guide to Aquatic Plants. Wisconsin Lake Partnership, University of Wisconsin-Extension. Stevens Point, WI.
- Chadde, S.W. 2002. A Great Lakes Wetland Flora. Second Edition Pocketflora Press. Calumet, MI.
- Eggers, S.D. and D.M. Reed. 1997. Wetland Plants and Plant Communities of Minnesota and Wisconsin. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Paul District. St. Paul, MN.
- Fink, D.F. 1997. A Guide to Aquatic Plants-Identification and Management. Ecologicals Services, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. St. Paul, MN.
- Newcomb, L. 1977. Newcomb's Wildflower Guide. Little, Brown and Co. New York, NY.
- USDA, NRCS. 2004. The PLANTS Database, Version 3.5 (http://plants.usda.gov/). National Plant Data Center. Baton Rouge, LA.
- Wisconsin State Herbarium. 2004 WISFLORA-Wisconsin Vascular Plant Species (http://www.botany.wisc.edu/wisflora). University of Wisconsin. Madison, WI.